Sunday, April 27, 2014

Random Kindness

Yesterday, my mom and I had a few errands to run.  While we were out, we decided to stop at Del Taco for a couple tacos.  After we got our food, we notice three little boys waiting to order.  Mom and I sat and watched them...

What made us notice them was they were counting their money that they had between them.  We watched them for a few minutes while they each individual ordered their food, then passed their extra change the one received to the next, carefully counting out what they had.  We noticed that they each ordered a tiny $.75 quesadilla.  When mom and I saw what they were doing we decided that we were going to buy each of them a drink.  But Mom got her money out first....which is totally okay with me!

When the boys were done ordering their food, mom walked up to the counter and ordered three medium drinks.  By the time she got the cups, the boys had sat down with their food.  She walk to their table and said "Here guys, here's a drink for you to enjoy!"

The looks on their faces were priceless.  I sat and watched as this with so much happiness...


I say kudos to those who choose to do a Random Act of  Kindness.  Even the littlest things in life make a huge difference when least expected.

I have decided that I really want to focus on doing something for others.  I may not be able to do something big like I would really like to, but small things add up to big things...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment