I have always been a person to set goals and accept a challenge. I set a goal to lose 25 pounds...as of two weeks ago I met my goal.
Since meeting my goal, I decided to set another goal weight. I am excited to work towards it. I know it's going to be a challenge because its seriously something I have never done before. But, I'm determined to see the new changes that will be coming.
I have learned I am capable of more than what I thought. When I began this journey I accepted the responsibility of myself. I also set a goal to learn to do push ups to possibly build my upper body strength. I know sounds dumb, but there's a reason why I've had to learn how to do a push up....I have a disease in my arm call arthrogyposis. Basically, I have crooked arms and don't have the ability to push myself up when doing a push up. Any kind of arm exercises hurt...I would try different exercises, but I would end up in tears. So I've felt determined to just try....even if I could only ever do just one push up a day. I started just doing what I knew how to do. When I say it was hard to do one... I mean it was hard!!!! Every day I just tried....tried an tried! Finally, I was able to slowly add onto that one. Now, four months later, I can do twelve! I know it's not a big deal for most, but for me it's a huge accomplishment. It's hard and it hurts! But my goal for push ups is to reach 15 by the end of March....I will reach it, I don't back down from reaching goals...big or small.
No comments:
Post a Comment